Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Treats

Caution... This post is picture heavy and full of pink stuff...oh, and Jaded Blossom!!

I created many different Valentine's Day treats this year for co-workers and I just had to share them with you.

I made 2 different candy sticks this year, both very similar but different in their own way. 


I of course used the 1x8 bags to stack the candy in
The first one I topped with a simple heart stitched with gel pen
added a sentiment from Got Candy
and popped out a valentine candy to add beneath it.
I added the gems just to accent and add color.

the second one is very similar
I used the same sentiment from Got Candy
I cut out 2 scalloped circles with my spellbinders (one chalked with lime green)
and added the gems and diamond gel pen accents.


I also created a cute bubblegum candy treat


Using the 3x4 bags from Jaded Blossom, I filled it with colorful gumballs
Topping the color-filled bag off, I used the fancy topper die
I chalked the insert with red to give it a dusted accent
I also added the sentiments from Got Candy and Simple Sayings Valentine Edition
I took a red star gel pen and added the dots at the bottom


and what is Valentine's Day without Conversation Hearts!?!?


This was a fun one to design... and surprisingly very simple!
I took a solid piece of pink paper 2.5"x10" and scored it at 4.5", flipped it over and scored again at 4.5"
I ran the 4.5" sections through my cuttle bug using the hearts folder.
I did use adhesive on the bottom of the box to keep the candy in the holder.
Then taking Jaded Blossom's Curly label die I cut it out on white card stock
used the heart designed stamp that came with the die (it was meant to be!)
and chalked the edges with a mauve colored chalk
I added the sentiment from Got Candy
and after punching holes in the label and both sides of the holder
I tied it all together with black and white and pink and white twine


well, that's what I got for this holiday~  I sure hope you like them, they were fun to create!

~Enjoy

1 comment: