Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No, thank you...


I ran home needing to get a thank you card in the mail ASAP. 
I had no idea where to start but I knew I could reach to Jaded Blossom to help!
I grabbed my Simple Sayings and Simple Sayings 2 stamp sets and went to town.




I started off with a hot pink card stock for the backing.
Then I added a complementary colored background from DCWV's Pocket full of Posies Stack
I stamped the tree from Simple Sayings on white card stock and chalked the edges with a pink chalk
I decided that adding the same color accent square looked good so I went with that too.
Using Jaded Blossom's Flag Dies 2 I cut out the scalloped one matching the card stock backing, then with solid white used the smaller flag and chalked the edges with the same pink as I did the tree. 
I added the sentiment from Simple Sayings 2.
The tree with backing and scalloped flag die were added to the card using pop dots to give it some dimension.
After looking at the card, it needed more. 
I added the rhinestones and clear stickles to add glittery dots on the tree. 
I also colored in the larger branches of the tree and the trunk with my favorite at you spica pens.


I fell in love with this card when it was finished, one of those ones, I wanted to keep just for me.  But none the less, it's now in the mail for someone else to enjoy. 

~ Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I sooo love this card. What an awesome tree. Great job. Blogging it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love that image. TFS and for stopping by:) blogging it forward

    ReplyDelete