Thursday, June 12, 2014

Guest Design for ScrappyDew Day

ahhh, it feel so good to be back in the grove of things. 

I am lucky enough to get to guest design today for ScrappyDew.com.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think everything in their story is just adorable. 

Today I made a simple little card using the Tree House Fun pattern.  I can see using this pattern for some more fun designs in the future.



 
Recipe:
Of course the Tree House Fun pattern :)
I copied the base of the tree and mirrored the duplicate, then welded it to the original to form a card base. 
I scored the tree down the center and ta da! a card was made.  Ha
I ran the bark of the tree and the seat of the swing through my cuttlebug in the wood grain folder.
I also ran the leaves of the tree through my cuttlebug using a curly cue folder.
I used ink to go over the dimensions on the leaves and the bark to add more color.
The rope was cut out on tan paper and then dabbed with ink to give it a frayed effect.
I chalked the edges of the little girl and colored her hair with a garnet atyou spika pen.
I topped her beauty off with gems in her bows and across the front of her dress.
The whole card came together using the Jaded Blossom die and sentiment.
 
 
I sure hope you like her as much as I do.
I may even keep this one instead of giving it away.
 
~Enjoy!~

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, this turned out amazing! Love all the embossing, beautiful card.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this pattern!! Its way too cute and the way you use embossing folders is incredible! I wish I remembered to use them! Can't wait to see whats next :)

    ReplyDelete