Monday, January 23, 2012

Simply Altered

So, I've seen these fabulous altered notebooks and had to find an excuse to play with one.  My husband is a big hunter and has always wanted a place to document his trips.  I've had some paper I'd been saving for years to make just the right project for him, and I finally got to use them on this project. 

This was a composition notebook that I decorated.

Here is the cover:
I took a 4.25inch piece of brown carstock and ran it through my cuttle bug a few times using my wood design folder to add the texture to the binding.  It was his favorite part.
Here is a view of the back:
And this was a part I just couldn't resist... My husband is 6'7" and has nick-names of Magilla Gorilla, Chewy, Sasquatch, etc.... Knowing that, will make this next picture funny:

it's a littel hard to see in this picture but i added a place marker ribbon to the book also.

I hope you enjoy it, it's one of my favorite projects I've created to date.  I might make another one just to keep since he's already stashed it away.


1 comment:

  1. Good job on the altered notebook. I love the wood grain embossing and the picture on the inside is great. I am a new follower :-)

    Linda
    http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete