Tuesday, June 28, 2011

*~Happy 4th of July~*

My family has a jammed packed 3 day weekend coming up with parties and BBQ's and laughter with friends.  I've made these cards to give to each of the ladies hosting these parties this weekend.  I enjoy bringing cards to these events so I can actually see their expression when they see the cards.

I had fun thinking of ideas that centered around just red, white, and blue. 

This first one is a TGF stamp I colored, used a simple circle cutter and added a light blue chalk border to.  The base of the card is a red with a white, and blue border.  I've added small red gems to the corners and it's hard to see but at the base of her feather has a red gem as well.  Of course because I'm obsessed with them, I adhered this dancing lady to the card with pop dots.

This next one is very similar to the first.  I did do a few different techniques I wanted to share.  Red gem in the middle of the flower to add extra sparkle.  For her hair, I colored it yellow to start and then used my yellow stardust gelly roller gel pen and colored over the top of all of it.  My husband immediatley said, is this one for your mom?  Her hair is a very shiny blonde color :)  He was right!  I also used my clear glitter copic pen to add more bling to each black dot on her dress, her shoes, the outline on the flower in her hair, and her eye lashes



This is one, I've always wanted to play around with.  I've seen banners on so many different projects lately but I'm always nervous with trying something different for myself.  I decided to go for it and I love love love it.  I used a ribbon that looks sort of like a thick twine.  The HAPPY is actually a stamp from a fiskers stamp set I have that i colored over the top of with gel pens to give it some extra sparkle.  Again, you can't be surprised anymore, I adhered the words and each flag of the banner with pop dots.  I think this is one of my favorite cards so far... good thing I made it for someone or I would have to add it to my ever growing collection :)



thanks for checking out my projects!

1 comment:

  1. These are too cute! I love how her hair shines!! I have yet to make a banner on a card! I will add it to my list to try! :)

    ReplyDelete