Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dad's 50th Birthday Invitations

I've done it again, I've volunteered to make invitations for another birthday party this year in our family.  It is yet another milestone that will be a great celebration.  On August 19th, my dad will turn 50 years young.  He's such a special person to me and one of my best friends.  He is wanting to have a kick back, BBQ to celebrate with his closest friends.  I started last night working on invitations because these have more detail involved then most invitations do.  This idea caught my attention while I was perusing google images, as soon as I left work, I went right home and started creating.  Yes, it did take me 3 attempts and many visits with my husband for his opinion.  Finally success - This one's going in my book for sure!

The card in the pocket pulls out and has all the party info on it.  I'll be getting different ribbon, maybe a blue or green checkard... the stamp on the top is a tractor that is encircled with the words Hey Y'all.  I've added stitching all the way around the apron (with a pen, I know cheating).  There is a spatula and a grilling fork attached to the pull out so it looks like there are BBQ tools in the pocket of the apron.  I will be working on the writing on the front, maybe I'll throw a gel pen in my cricut and let it take care of that part of the creativity for the rest of the invites!

1 comment:

  1. I think these are adorable and going to turn out wonderful! I can't wait to see the final product! :)

    ReplyDelete