Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day Card

I made this card for my dad for father's day.  It was my first attempt at a shutter card on my own.  I think I re-designed it 4 times before I finally decided this was it.  I hope you like it cause I sure fell in love with it. :)
I used DCW stack - Lodge, the moose is a piece of rusty metal cut out, and the leaves are wooden embellishments I've had for years. 


 This stamp i was so excited about, when I visited my cousin in CA, she taught me about "chalking" the outside of a stamped cut-out to give it some dimension.  I actually stamped this once in black, then stamped over it with a grey ink, I chalked the outline of the cut-out with the same grey and a rusty color to make it look aged.

1 comment:

  1. I bet your dad loved this card. Great job on your first tri fold shutter card. Its super cute! Perfect for your dad! love the chalking!

    ReplyDelete