Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Miss Paeton Marie

I want to start off by apologizing for not posting anything on my page since April.  I guess I've been busier than I thought I was.  I promise to try and catch up in the next few days.

Some of you may have already heard but I am going to be an aunt in just a few weeks!!!  I am so excited I cannot stand it.  I have been passing the time by making projects.  The most recent one I've been working on is a banner for her room.  This is the first baby in out immediate family and my brother is as nervous as a first time dad could be.  It's pretty neat to see that delicate side of him come out when he starts to talk about his daughter.  :)  My brother and his fiance are going to be moving into a newly remodeled home, hopefully before Paeton decides to grace us with her presence but because it's so close at this time, they have not had a chance to decorate a room for her.  I thought a banner would be a nice piece to hang on the wall for instant decoration and not take much to do at all since they will have their hands full.  Angel, my soon to be sister-in-law loves detailed butterflies, and picked the colors purple and a mint/teal green for the baby's room.  I know this is a little more teal than she would have liked but it just made everything pop a little more.



I started off with a pearl shadow for the butterfly and layered the butterfly from car decals on top of it.  I cut the detailed part out on a snakeskin 12x12 page from DCWV Gone Wild.  The paper was perfect for what I was looking for, a deep purple with a glittery teal/green pattern. 



Then I cut a shadow from cindy loo in 2 different sizes.  one on a teal green cardstock and the other on ivory.  The ivory one I chalked it with a light purple then edge chalked with a deeper purple.  Then I layered them together.  I cut the letters from a pearl deep purple from the shimmer DCWV paper stack.  Each letter I accented with 3 gems.  I used a new trick I learned to adhere the letters to the circles.  I created my own purple pop dots using my xyron machine and purple foam paper.  I love it because you would have been able to see some of the white pop dots before I learned this.  I just love the idea of it... and it's so much cheaper for the amount you can make. 



I also cut 3/4 inch butterfly shadows that match the big ones, curled up the wings on both sides and added those to the circles with the letters. 



I just love the way it came out!!
I cannot wait to see my little niece Miss Paeton Marie. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty!!! I love it! I love the color combo! It is perfect to decorate a newborn baby!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete