Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Chelsea

So... my best friend, my sister, my right arm, my ponga is celebrating her birthday today.  I wish like no other I could be there with her celebrating. 
Those of you who know Chelsea know that she's always been referred to as short.  (Really she's only an inch shorter than I am but she owns it) My husband who is 6'6" refers to her as a smurf so hence the following card I made for her.

I found these adorable smurf images at scrappydew.com and I knew I had to make her a card. 
I welded 2 images of the mushroom house to make a card base.  I'm ecstatic how it turned out and can't wait until she sees it in person.



Inside the house I cut out smurfette and put her in as a nice little surprise. 



For the house:
I used brown cardstock for the base of the card, then layered tan, white and red for the rest of the mushroom
I chalked the door with tan around the edge then ran it through my cuttlebug to add wood design.  I took a dark brown chalk and went over the raised wood to add more texture.
I added little cloth flowers around the window and a Happy Birthday sentiment from Jaded Blossom.

Smurfette:
She was pretty simple with layered cardstock colors
I did add pearls to her ears and atyou spika glitter to her blonde locks.

Chelsea - I wish you nothing but the best today and forever!

~Enjoy!~

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, fantastic job. Your sister is going to love it!! Thank you for sharing it on the ScrappyDew Facebook page.

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is adorable! Your sister is sure to love this. Thank you for the tip on the faux wood grain. DT~Jana for ScrappyDew

    ReplyDelete