Sunday, April 10, 2011

I finally got my Craft room!

So, when my sister-in-law moved out of our home, I was eager to get my craft room back, but this time, I wanted it to be more than plastic boxes and dragging the supplies to the kitchen table each night then having to lug it back when I was done.  I've been on a mission to find a nice desk I can turn this room into what it should be. 
Yesterday, my husband decided, it would be a gift for both of us not to have glitter all over the dining room every time you sit at the table.  Ha, more for him then me, I can deal with glitter. But, I'm game if I get my room.  We went to 3 different stores looking for a desk that would look great and work for what I need.  Nothing.  He suggested office depot, typically I would have passed it up because of the price of a good desk at stores like that.  But, we went on it, looked and their furniture was on sale.  Yeah!  Then, the manager came up and said, there's a desk assembled at the front of the store we want to get rid of at dirt price.  It's marked $150 but we'll go lower.  We walk on over, I liked it but even for $150, I was looking at others around it.  The guy walked over asked what we were using it for, I told him a craft room and he said $40 bucks.  SOLD.  
We were so excited, we loaded into the back of the car and every time we looked at it, we kept saying... man that was a good deal.  We couldn't have gotten this desk at a garage sale for $40 bucks.  If it doesn't work, we can probably craigslist it for $75.  
We got it home and I spent from 6-10 making this room what I wanted.   

So, here goes nothing...

And there's even a spot for my dog.  Say hi to Junior. 


1 comment:

  1. I love it! You scored on the price of the desk! It looks great! I am sure your hubby will be glad to not have glitter on him! LOL Looks like a fun place to craft!

    ReplyDelete